Activities are re-starting at SportsAble with a hybrid timetable comprising of in-person sports sessions at the Clubhouse and online Zoom fitness classes, ensuring all members have an opportunity to get active and stay connected.
Despite the different Tier system, the National Governing Bodies of most non-team sport activities and Sport England are stating it is allowable for people to travel out of a Tier 3 area to attend organised sports sessions if they are disabled.
The Sport England website states:-
You must follow the rules of the tier you normally live in, regardless of where you are in the country.
However, adults shouldn’t travel into or out of tier 3 areas, including for sport, unless this is necessary to enable individual exercise (or exercise for people from the same household or support bubble).
Where this is necessary (for example to access a green space for a run or cycle), you should only travel a short distance and stay as local as possible. You shouldn’t travel into or out of tier 3 areas to participate in sporting activities or access sport facilities.
This doesn’t apply where it is necessary to enable disability sport, sport for educational purposes, or supervised sport and physical activity for under-18s, to take place.
SportsAble is phasing in more checks including a health declaration and temperature checks for everyone attending the club.
- The clubhouse will be opening for Target Air Gun Shooting (TAGS), Archery, Table Tennis, Short mat Bowls and new Age Kurling, and swimming sessions will be at the Braywick centre on Saturdays. Please click here for a link to details of all the sessions in the clubhouse, the pool and on Zoom.
- **New** Anisha is well known to SportsAble having run Zumba sessions at the clubhouse prior to lockdown and is creating a special exercise session for our members which is suitable for those with limited mobility. It will run on Tuesdays on the 8th and 15th of December and the call will open at 7:15 with exercises starting at 7:30 through until 8pm with a 15minute wind down (chat) after that. Everyone is welcome and I know it will be a bright and cheery place to be on these cold, dark nights.
- Niall’s Thursday evening quiz, will continue, starting at 7:30pm Meeting ID: 829 4611 2685, Passcode: 102957
- Damian’s session will be every Friday starting on the 11th December from 10:30 to 11:45am. Contact Damian on firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.
- Niall’s Friday Zoom session will also continue, so if you want to meet up with your SportsAble friends, let them know that you will be there so you can chat. He will open the call at 2pm and will also answer any questions we can following the announcements on ending lockdown. Drop a quick message to Niall (Niall.Mccaffrey@sportsable.co.uk) if you do plan on joining his Zoom session, so he knows who to expect.
- Swimming returns on Saturdays from 3:00pm to 4:30pm. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Please remember that to participate in any activities your membership should be up to date. The office will be open from 10am until 5pm on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week if you have any queries or want to renew, either by phone or in person. Outside of these days and times the Clubhouse may not be open unless there are planned activities.
Email you questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01628 627690.