By joining SportsAble you will:
- Find your favourite sport here and start playing again or learn an entirely new sport with the help and support of our highly trained coaches and volunteers
- Meet new friends – and ones that will last a lifetime
- Improve your skills in sport and enjoy other activities that we offer such as art, bridge, bingo and more
- Get weekly (or daily) exercise, depending on how many sports you would like to participate in
- Find new ways of relaxing – from rowing and swimming to board games
- Enter local, regional or national competitions or play sport for fun
- Have opportunities to excel in sport and win club competitions, trophies, awards and even work towards a Paralympic pathway, should you wish to do so
- Be able to try the variety of sports on offer – both individual and team sports
Even more benefits
Once you join all the sports that we offer are free and you can take part in one or in as many as you like. In some of the sports you will receive one-to-one training from one of our expert coaches, should you request it.
SportsAble hosts a wide range of disabled athletes, each with varying degrees of ability, skills and drive.
Individual Members may be any physically or sensorially disabled person, of any age range. Individual membership includes able bodied people who may wish to coach, escort or assist our disabled members or who simply want to volunteer to support SportsAble in any way.
Membership for individuals is currently:
- Adult Member: £75 per annum*
- SportsAble Junior Member: £75 per annum*
Family groups can also join SportsAble
- Family Membership: £225 per annum* (to include 2 adults and up to four children)
*membership fees are subject to change each year
The two types of membership above entitle each person to access all the sport and social activities that we have available. However, if you would like to join SportsAble to support a loved one or friend and do not wish to participate in sport – or if you would like to join just to access our subsidised loungebar and our programme of social events – then you can join as a Social Member for just £38 per annum per individual or £115 per family.
Sports membership is subject to approval. To apply for membership please complete the form below: