We are also fast becoming THE preferred location for corporate team building days as we offer something completely new and different – Alternative Team Building packages with Paralympic sports.
Groups large and small can enjoy a completely bespoke programme and select activities from our vast array of sports to suit your needs.
Bring groups here and let us do the hard work for you: we have the venue, the catering, and the facilities (indoor and outside in leafy Braywick Park), plus we have the added uniqueness of our fascinating Paralympic legacy and coaching expertise.
For you, team building may come in the form of workshops, creative challenges, quizzes, games and more – our meeting spaces can host these easily. Afterwards, why not add something special to your event by including Paralympic sports in your day? Our fully trained sports coaches can deliver short lessons in a variety of sports and then run fun competitions for groups of any size. Plus, where feasible, a Paralympian can join you for some of your event by delivering an opening speech, presenting the medal ceremony or competing alongside you.
Sports based events
If it’s a pure sports based team building activity that you are after, then you have come to the right place! SportsAble can provide expert coaching and world class facilities for serious sports such as Archery or Air Weapons; we can host an engaging introduction to Paralympic sports such as Boccia or Wheelchair Basketball; we can arrange fun events such as target Frisbee competitions and within stepping distance from our building is a full length running track and green areas for endless competitions and events.
Some recent events:
- a Target Pentathlon – where teams of five competed against each other in Air Weapons, Archery, Boccia, New Age Kurling and New Age Bowls
- a company ‘School Sports Day’ – with a SportsAble twist
- a CSR team building event (where a company leant their time and expertise to improve the charity’s facilities) followed by some wheelchair basketball
- An outdoor ‘think tank’ meeting followed by a BBQ and some Sitting Volleyball
- A Disability Awareness Day where teams of customer service staff were given an assimilated disability and people worked in teams to navigate through tasks together.
All SportsAble Alternative Team Building days provides employment to local disabled people.